I wanted to take a minute to let you know that September 12 is National Day of Encouragement! In recognition of that, DaySpring is daring people everywhere to take action in the #EncouragementDare from September 10-15th. I love this idea of actively seeking opportunities to encourage those around us!
Every day I see so many people tearing each other down on social media, on television, and even in person. It is very ugly!! As followers of Christ, we should be building each other up and celebrating with each other when we reach new heights! Having the encouragement of others could be the difference someone needs to make tremendous breakthroughs in business, marriages, relationships with children, friendships, or even bringing someone to Jesus!
Just a few kind words could turn a day (or life) around.
A few ideas to start the dare:
- Tell someone how they inspire you.
- Point out the progress your co-worker is making.
- Leave a sweet note for your spouse.
- Put an encouraging note in your child’s lunchbox.
- Respond with kindness on social media.
- If you have a favorite blogger, let him or her know they are doing a good job.
Join me in taking this dare and encouraging someone today. Click here for more ideas and resources to get you started in brightening someone’s day!
Make sure to leave a comment on how you encouraged someone (comment link is below the title of this blog).
P.S. You really are a blessing!!